About jet-lag

Tom Priestly tom.priestlyaUALBERTA.CA
Thu Feb 13 15:43:49 PST 2003

Concerning jet-lag:

I used to fly from Alberta to Europe (9 hours each way) once or twice
every year  and, as my forties gave way to my fifties, suffered
increasingly from jet-lag, so that by the time I was 60 I felt the
effects for two to four days after arriving - depending on the
direction of travel.
On a trip to Australia two years ago, being then 63 and feeling a
little desperate, I tried a new 'medication' recommended by the
'Trips to Down-under' travel agent. It is called "No Jet-Lag" here
and I believe has other names elsewhere (see the web-site below).
It is made in New Zealand (if anyone will understand jet-lag
problems, it's New Zealanders) and is completely homeopathic, being a
combination of 5 different herbs. The instructions on the box have to
be strictly obeyed: one pill on take-off, one every 2 hours, one on
landing; no alcohol; plenty of fluids; frequent stretching and
occasional walks up and down the plane.
And of course the advice from other list members about looking after
oneself before and after the journey will apply also.
Anyway,  I bought some and tried it; and my jet-lag, while not
completely eradicated, was so much reduced that I hardly noticed it.
This after 20 hours of travel and a shift of six time-zones
It's not cheap but one box got me to Sydney and back and I still have
enough for a one-way flight to Europe (its date of expiry was 4 years
after purchase).
Because it works for one person this doesn't guarantee it will work
for all. I AM NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR, so this is NOT professional
advice!
If you want to try it, look at http://www.nojetlag.com. You will find
the nearest store which stocks it to where you live, and full details.
Ultreya! Tom
--
Tom Priestly