St. Jean Pied de Port / Laffi Book / Compostela journal

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Wed Feb 12 12:44:25 PST 2003

For those still inquiring about how to get to St Jean and/or Roncesvalles, do
take a look at issue 14.3 of the "Friends"Newsletter. You should get it today
or tomorrow in your mailbox -- if you're a current member of "Friends." The
ideas on how to get to a starting point are quite interesting.

For those interested in the Laffi book -- which is fabulous reading --
A Journey to the West (English translation)
by James Hall
was co-published by the Xunta de Galicia in 1997. Try one or another of the
Spanish bookstores listed in the "Freinds" web page
http://www.geocities.com/friends_usa_santiago

Sometime back, someone mentioned a name of an individual who lives in Spain
and who "hired out" to search out and send books from Spain to the USA.
I don't remember the details. Does anyone out there know more? Does that
individual still mail out books?

_Compostela_ is the official journal of the ARchicofradia of the Santiago
Cathedral. In the past in my dealings with them, I have had to become a member
to receive the journal. Rosina, is this still true? or do they also accept
subscribers?

I recieve a copy of the journal as well - we're exchanging our newsletters.
Rosina has been so good to give  Gocamino the pertinent data, that it's been
nice to see the increasing interest.

I want to remind everyone that another spanish-language journal about the Road
is the very nice _peregrino_ magazine published by the association of amigos
del Camino ,now located in Logro~no.  Glossy, gorgeous, interesting articles .
..
It costs about $50/year for subscription. i had extra copies but the
Indianapolis Museum of Art has bought them for their archives - I'll contact
the museum to see if researchers can go there to read them.

Linda Davidson
she of "Friends"
dgitlitzaaol.com