Bad air, etc.

Linda McInnis mrfsealahaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 12 06:03:04 PST 2003

I would like to share with this group a little trick I learned several years
ago about staying healthy while flying.  I, too, almost always got a cold or
some kind of respiratory/ear infection when I flew.  Then I began using
essential oils for various things.  Now, when I fly, I put two drops each of
lavender, eucalyptus, and thyme oil on a handkercheif, which I keep in a
plastic zip lock back in my waist pouch.  Every 30 mins or so on a flight, I
take out my hanky and breathe deeply through it several times.  The
essential oils are both anti-bacterial and anti-viral, as well as having a
very refreshing aroma.  Since I started doing this, I've never gotten sick
on a flight, including long international trips.  Additionally, a small
bottle (1/2 ounce) of any of the above oils is a great cleaner/disinfectant
for those "iffy" places.  Couple of drops on a tissue and wipe down toilet
seats, or whatever.  Also good on well-used pillows, and lavender,
especially, helps one relax.

Here's to healthy traveling!
Linda
Pueblo, CO