Some things not mentioned so far

Carlos Mentley mentleyaERSKINE.EDU
Fri Feb 7 11:18:22 PST 2003

Thank you, Steve, for your insights--they correspond very closely to my
experiences last month.  I would underline the part about the
psychological aspect of walking every day, and the part about blisters.
(I used the fountains extensively, and never had a problem, but that
does not necessarily mean anything ...)  And yes, the more Spanish you
have, the more you can enter into the Camino, instead of simply walking
over it.

The saying is that the Camino provides what you need.  I found that to
be very true, as long as I was willing to accept what the Camino
offered.  So prepare well, but don't fret--adapt and accept and things
work out!

--Carlos Mentley