Foot Care

Jeffrey Crawley jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Fri Feb 7 00:50:04 PST 2003

Personally I'm a Johnson's Baby . . .

The Vaseline works well either the old thick stuff or the newer white
lotions but I always go for Johnson's Baby oil, rubbed in well to clean
feet before setting out and, on arrival, massaged in after your shower.

Didn't get a blister the whole way from SJPP to Santiago.

Also use it to moisturise the top of my head (not much hair up there
nowadays).

There's also the old soldier's trick of stopping taking off your socks for
a foot rub and swapping the socks from foot to foot (left goes on right).

WRT piercing blisters, a doctor friend lambasted a Spanish Army surgeon in
Burgos (you get free medical care here) for piercing blisters. In her
words "God gave us enough apertures in our bodies without creating more for
infection to creep in". She (and I) favour taking the pressure off, letting
the blister air and, best of all, not getting one in the first place - easy
to say when you don't get them!