American Pilgrims on the Camino/Gatherings

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Sat Dec 27 14:50:43 PST 2003

I concur, as a non American, 'lamerica' always referred to the US not
to Canada, Brazil or Argentina where many other Italians migrated in
previous and recent generations.  It is also the case in a few Asian
languages.  But if you want to change it in the spirit of inclusiveness
it is a good idea but a lost battle from the start

Maura