Cashmere vs microfleese

Galen Wilkerson galen_wilkersonaYAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 21 00:50:26 PST 2003

Hi,

Argh, I forget what cashmere is, isn't that lamb's wool?

Anyway, I had nothing but 2 t-shirts and a thickish (but not hugely thick)
wool sweater on my 'camino' this summer (into october), with a poncho.

I was glad I opted to take my wool sweater.  I always wondered
if "sweater" was a good name, and now I know that it is.  Any other
garment would have smelled to high-heaven, sending word "above" that I was
indeed doing the camino.  I think the micro-curlies that make wool warm
also retain the pee-yew.  Not sure that sythetic fleece will do that
nearly as well.

If you're worried about it being rough, just think of it as a hair-
shirt. :P  Pilger muessen leiden.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:49:30 -0600, Atina Diffley
<atinagoeaFRONTIERNET.NET> wrote:

>> The cashmere won¹t get so smelly. Fleece holds every drop of scent and
smells
>> bad quickly. The cashmere will take a little longer to dry when wet but
will
>> still be warm.
>>

>>> Does anyone have any words of wisdom on a comparison of microfleese vs
>>> cashmere (or wool) on the Camino? My cashmere sweater is 8 oz and
squeezes up
>>> into a small package. My microfleece is 12 oz and does not compact so
well.So
>>> I am wondering why people seem to mention the fleece and not the wool.
>>>
>>> And...I join my voice to many others wishing all of us a blessed and
happy
>>> holiday
>>>
>>> Deanna
>>

>> athena...
>> wisdom's aspirant
>> child of earth
>> daughter of time
>>

>> Do you Yahoo!?
>> New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing

<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21260/*http://photos.yahoo
.co