pre-christian camino, etc.

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Dec 17 10:11:48 PST 2003

       After the 8:00 p.m. pilgrims Mass in the Santo Domingo de la Calzada
Cathedral a, multilingual,  priest invites those who may wish to do so to
remain and ask whatever they may want to know about the Camino and its history.
The ensuing discussion is very friendly and informal.
       On the occassion that I was there an English pilgrim asked why there
were so many theories about the Pre-Christian Camino and so many inferences of
magic influences and the like.
       The priest said that the historical evidence is either non-existent or
so scant that anyone can weave a theory about ancient routes.
As to magic influences and such, the priest opined that those who cannot
comprehend the wonders of life (such as the call of the Camino upon so many
millions of humans)  through the eyes of Faith try to explain them through magic or
attribute them to sorcery.  He then added that the difference between Faith
and magic is, of course, love.
             It makes perfect sense to me.
Warm regards,
Rosina