Suffering = Knowledge? Clarification

pieter pannevis pieterpannevisaGMX.NET
Sat Dec 13 09:23:30 PST 2003

Dear all,
 Richard,

In mediaeval times suffering was the only way to become part of the great
legend of time in Christ
One of the most "common-known" mystical writers of that time: st John of the
Cross said that within suffering we come closer to Christ and his suffering.
I'm not aware of the fact that daily (Camino-life) is much about suffering,
but it's essential more than  having an orange juice in your bath-tub

If some one feels that he has to partake in this course: feel free
It's entirely up to you if you "enjoy " the Camino the Santiago sitting
under a tree with some tapas and a bottle of rosado or paining yourself
along the way.
It's all between the ears
I'm not the judge of that

Take care