Writing contest

dionisio choperena dtxopeaSVN.NET
Sat Dec 13 08:42:41 PST 2003

Can you find out if there are any rules regarding translation?  Meaning...my spanish is very simple and I am wondering if I write my essay and have someone translate it for me, will that be acceptable for the contest?

Happy Holidays and enjoy Assisi and Santiago.

Monica
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rosina Lila
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 5:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Writing contest

  Hello you all,
  I do not know the deadline for the writing contest, but since it was only publicized a couple of weeks ago I should think that the deadline is months away, more so since the intent appears to be to have participation from people of all countries.
  Through a very lucky star (stela) shining on the field (comp) of my comings and goings, an enterprising travel agent has gotten me passage through and from Rome, ( I'll be spending Christmas in Assisi) to Santiago for four days over New Year's for the opening of the Holy Door and the attending festivities, and a friendly innkeeper has secured lodgings for me close to the Cathedral.
  I'll be there for four days and will do my best to find out the details ab about the writing contest and how, and where, to apply for the students' Quetzal route pilgrimage.
  If there is somethig else that anyone would like me to look into, please let me know.
  Warm regards,
  Rosina