Repeating messages and "Camino causes"

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Sat Dec 13 08:08:49 PST 2003

I had been meaning to mention this morning that I get two copies from Rosina and Pieter...of course this is infinitely better than gettin none at all! Thank you, Rosina, for the posting yesterday about the students leaving from Mexico and about OL of Guadalupe. Guadalupe is one of my favorite private "devotions". Of course, I live on the Mexica border: what would you expect?!

I will walk from Seville to Santiago next spring. It occurred to me that many people who make such walks do them not only for their own personal reasons but for some cause. So I spoke to the leader of our brand new Youth Club (We are a colonia here which means we are very poor. Our children are at high risk because of their circumstances. But we work for them as much as we can. About 95% of our children actually go to college! You cannot imagine what that means to this community.)  I  will take pledges for the Youth Club. This idea felt so right to me, and it coincided with another fund raiser. It will be part of a Church project. I am so happy to be able to do this!
Deanna

Ana Young <ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM> wrote:
Getting more and more scary how far the dollar has
fallen. Well, we pilgrims can hardly control that, can
we?

Anyway, just to let you know, Gocamino-ers, many
messages are coming in twice, and it's not just from
one person. Is there a reason for that?

Ana