introduction and How many people have completed the camino in 2003

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 11 06:28:47 PST 2003

--- Kay Young <kaylfrazeraHOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
in some cases (Hospital San
> Nicholas and San Martin
> and Leon stand out in my mind) even had spare beds
> through the night.
> Kay (NZ)

Oh don't I wish San Nicolas had had spare beds when I
last passed through there in '02! I loved that place
in '00. Imagine getting your feet ceremonially washed
by the hospitalero! but it was full in '02 and I
stayed then at Itero de la Vega. Although not nearly
as charming and "traditional" as San Nicolas, I met
some friendly Spanish pilgrims and that was the night
we were served dinner by the local bar in a literally
closet-sized room just off the street. So it was
memorable anyway ;-)

Ana, Tsuyama, Okayama, Japan