(To Galen) re Presentations / Writing

Galen Wilkerson galen_wilkersonaYAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 10 12:56:25 PST 2003

Hi Sue and Sally,

Thanks for the information.  Yeah, my yahoo account gets filled with spam
every day, so it's useless.

One thing that helps me a lot is to have one or two people to bounce my
writing off of.  I write a ton and think about it when I'm sending emails
or talking to people and actually telling them things.  When I just sit and
stare at my belly-button, it is not nearly as interesting or enjoyable.  If
I had a few people to send my writing to, it would really help, probably
more than methodology, etc. (although this helps too)  Basically, actually
sending people things and having them actually respond and say "that's
interesting", or "that's not" is probably the best litmus test for me.
Then again, I haven't been a successful/professional writer or presenter
(yet :), but I still suspect that interaction is the most help.

I've also seen some books that look good on amazon's webpage about travel
writing. (By the way, just reading: "Best American Travel Writing" - one is
put out every year, the year I am reading is edited by Bill Bryson, pretty
interesting.)

Galen

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:05:13 -0500, Sue Kenney <sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA>
wrote:

>To Sally, Galen and the other storytellers in the group,
>
>Here is a link to a great web site for all levels of storytellers. Doug
Lipman