Starting at Le Puy - Black Madonnas

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 9 01:43:54 PST 2003

Helen,
Have you learned much about the Black Madonnas?  It is a fascinating subject
and I think on some Camino sites you can look at the archives for
information/discussion about them though I haven't checked them myself.. I
would love to see some of them.  I read a book about it years ago: "The Cult
of the Black Virgin" by Ean Begg.  Looking at my copy, I see there are no
less than 302 gazeteer entries for France, and 55 for Spain.
However, since the book was published (1985), I am sure that internet
resources will have already well outstripped its information.
Tell us about them when you have seen them!
Sally
Lancashire, UK