Portuguese Road

Mark E Martin mmarti3aLSU.EDU
Mon Dec 8 06:01:58 PST 2003

Greetings Friends:

A friend and I are planning to walk parts of the Camino in the fall of
2004. We're looking at the Portuguese Camino and wonder if the Way is
marked from Lisbon. All references to this route indicate there were once
two routes from Lisbon but they are no longer marked; the way markings are
always mentioned as beginning in Porto. I've looked at the list's archives
and haven't found anything specific to this question.

Also, knowing the Portuguese Route is fairly short we would like to walk
other routes to Santiago including the Camino Englés, Finisterre, and
portions of the Ruta del Norte. Has anyone had experience with these
alternate routes?

Many thanks for all the information, wisdom, and camaraderie on the list!

Mark E. Martin
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA