2004 Pilgrim Gathering

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 4 15:44:53 PST 2003

Seventh Annual Gathering of Pilgrims
Santa Barbara, California
March 17-23, 2004

Course for Volunteer Hosts (Hospitalero Training)               March 17-19
Seventh Annual Gathering of Pilgrims                    March 19-21
Spiritual Retreat for Pilgrims                          March 21-23

Dear Fellow and Future Pilgrims:

Once again, it is our pleasure to announce a gathering of pilgrims – our 7th
Annual  – to be held at the historic Old Mission of Santa Barbara.  We chose
the
Mission Renewal Center for several reasons:  its beautiful setting in
central
California between the majestic Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific ocean,
the
tranquility and appropriateness of the gardens and facilities for our
gathering,
and the authentic Spanish Colonial ambiance as a reminder of our connection
with
the Camino de Santiago in Spain.  Our program presenters come from a variety
of
disciplines and interests; their presentations will entertain you, reconnect
you
with your pilgrimage experience and further your knowledge of the Camino.
Best
of all, our gatherings offer us the opportunity to share our stories with
new
and old friends, people who are special to us because they understand the
unique
power and mystery of the pilgrim experience.

This year, in addition to our regular gathering, we are offering two
additional
special events for veteran pilgrims:  a two-day training for hospitaleros
prior
to the gathering which will enable you to work as a volunteer host at the
refugios in Spain and,  immediately following the gathering,  a two-day
guided
retreat  for returning pilgrims providing an opportunity to incorporate the
spiritual experience of the Camino into your every day life. For information
regarding requirements and expectations for hospitalero volunteers, contact
Lin
Galea:     lingaleaahotmail.com
1070 Green Street
San Francisco  CA  94133
415/441-5951.

All meetings and meals will be held at the Mission Renewal Center, which
offers
overnight accommodations in dormitory style rooms.  You may choose to stay
at
the Mission Renewal Center, or make your own hotel accommodations.
Information
regarding programs and  accommodations will be included in the registration
packet.

To obtain a packet, contact Edie Bennett:       pacificonaearthlink.net
2148 Orangeview Lane
Orange  CA  92867
714/637-4901

We look forward to seeing you in sunny Santa Barbara,

Edie Bennett, Meeting Coordinator

With some help from her friends:  Lin Galea, Kathy Gower, Zita Macy