post-camino

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Mon Dec 1 14:49:09 PST 2003

Galen,

It's been two years for me since I returned from the Camino. The same thing
happened to me when I returned. I sent a lot of proposals and resumes out all
over Canada and some to the US. Nothing. I have never had a problem getting a
job, ever, in my life. But none of the jobs really interested me. I learned
rejection. Broke and disheartened with the city, I moved from Toronto to my
cottage on the lake in a small village north of the city.

On the Camino I kept a profound diary, and that first winter I was home I wrote
a lot of poetry, stories and ideas about my experiences. But this didn't pay the
bills. I taught at a local college, did workshops, coached people and made just
enough to make it week to week.

Many people asked me to speak to different groups both community and business
about my experiences. The people loved the stories so I have somehow become an
inspirational speaker and adult/children's storyteller about the Camino.

This past April I decided to record a spoken word CD as an independant artist,
about my journey. (http://www.cdbaby.com/suekenney) This way I could share my
stories, which seemed to be healing in some way, with many more people and maybe
I could produce enough income to survive doing what I love to do...Well, I have
never worked so hard in my entire life. Now I am writing a book to be released
in July 2004. I guess I am a starving artist. If I could offer you a job, I
would. Funny, just today I had been wondering if there were other pilgrims
who've struggled like I have.

When the Camino ends, the journey begins.

Sue
Floral Park, Ontario
sue.kenneyasympatico.ca