Unsent messages

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Aug 28 12:04:43 PDT 2003

Hello you all,
I really have tried, and tried, to send some mesdsages but for some reason they haven´t gone through. Perhaps the difficulty was sending a message to two recipients, or perhaps the messages were too long... I don´t know.
I am now in Burgos and it is raining by the buckets. Nevertheless, the City is beautiful.
Linda may want to know that they are cleaning the Cathedral (which she likes a lot, according to her book); they are in the midst of doing it, so that, both inside and out, half of it is white and half of it is Charles Dickens grimy dark.  The contrast is striking. Reportedly some locals do not like the new look, but according to architects they have restored the original color.  It isn´t a whiteish white, like Sacre Coeur, It is a sort of a pink-white, which, I think, is warmer.  The Picamoscas is out of commission for now.  Apparently the very involved mechanism has to be rehauled entirely.
Kat will be happy to know that San Anton is no longer lonely, there is now an albergue there sponsored by the Burgos Friends. They have closed out some part of the ruins with heavy green-blue rubber curtain-like material, which serves as a wall, and they have installed bunkers behind it, as well as a make-shift kitchen.  The pilgrims there were thrilled.
The nearby Sra. del Manzano Colegiata´s church is hosting a beautiful exhibition of Mary the woman.  The church itself is lovely, as it is Mary´s image with her apple-reddish cheeks.  (This is the image that was found in the hollow of a tree when Santiago and his horse took a fantastic jump from the Castle and landed before the tree.  The horseshoes are still nailed to the side door.
There is so very much to tell, but I don´t want to risk losing this message as well.  If this goes through I´ll try again tomorrow.
As a point of USA interest, a picture of Hillary Clinton occupies the full cover of Ël Semanal, which is a weekly national magazine in Spain.  The magazine also contains a very complimentary article on her.  Other Hillary articles are in even more weeklies.  Her book has been translated into Spanish, it is prominently featured in the bookstores and the TV newscasters report that it is selling briskly.
I am quite exhasted and terribly happy.
Warm regards to you all,
Rosina