Tough sections on the knees

Eyskens jeyskensaAUSTIN.RR.COM
Sun Aug 24 22:59:56 PDT 2003

You're referring to the section from Riego de Ambos to Molinaseca, on
the far side of the Cruz de Fierro.  It is in fact very difficult.  In
September last year, one pilgrim slipped, twisted his ankle and had to
leave the Camino.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On
Behalf Of athena
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 5:31 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: Tough sections on the knees

What is "white spirits"?  Maybe its worth a try for me too!

I hope your friend has a couple of good sticks. They were immensely
helpful to me on downhill treks. I just have old-lady knees but can
sympathize with the need for caution. I did not have trouble in the area
you mentioned. There was one difficult hill, somewhere just before the
iron cross, but I can't remember where. It was loose rock down a steep
hill and took me approximately forever. It led to a small town with a
pleasant river running through it. Can anyone else name the place?

Deanna

.On a side issue a friend has recommended rubbing feet with white
spirits for the next three weeks before we leave. She says it is an old
method of toughing up the soles. Has anyone heard of/ used this method.
Prevention is after all, better than cure. 20 days to go!

Dave

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
The New