[saintjames] Another pleasant day of "cheating" (sort of)

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun Aug 17 10:37:35 PDT 2003

Hi Ana dear,
I am presently in Estella.  The albergue is fabulous.  One of the best.  Among the three hospìtaleros they speak nine languages!  You would think that the albergue is a hotel. Furthermore, the albergue is in the "zona monumental" (zone of monuments) in the (very) old part of town, half a block from the beautiful Church of San Pedro, one of the few true Romanic ones, which is way above on the side of a rocky mountain and whose cloister has the famous twisted column.
I cannot believe how very friendly all the pilgrims are, besides the Spaniards, most of them are French and Germanic, oodles and oodles of them.I would caution pilgrims to bypass the Zubiri albergue if possible; the place was mattress-to-mattress, literally with the bunks pushed together.  The pilgrims there seemed to be having a grand old time.
Estella is having a photographic contest.  I´ll post the details later since it may be entered until the end of November.
Ana, send me your regular mailing address to my e-mail directly so that I can send you postcards and the like.
Big hug to you all,
Rosina