Water

Tania taniaraGOLDEN.NET
Wed Aug 6 12:30:26 PDT 2003

That is entirely possible to do, however, I learned in a wilderness first aid
class this past spring that even those do not catch all the little critters
that are floating around and that if you do not invest in the very expensive
kinds, even those, will need great care to clean the filters, every few days
at least.  It all comes downt to personal preference....iodine tablets can
also cause stomach upset and really who wants extra chlorine in their water
anymore either.

Pay attention to your body.  Do you live in a city and have very purified
water?  When you go away how does your stomach reactm to well or natural
spring fed water?    The bacteria in our digestive tracts that is already
there will tell us whether or not we can handle different water, I grew up in
the country and now live in the city and do not often have a problem adjusting
to different types of water, although did get really one really upset stomach
while travelling in Germany.  My only suggestion, not very suitable for the
Camino it seems, is to carry Acidophilous with you, it needs to stay
cool/cold - its a natural bacteria that helps replace the unfriendly ones in
your digestive tract with the friendlier kind.  If you are unable to carry
this with you, start preparing your stomach before you go and take it then.

Good luck

Tania

Quoting "Jilek, Glenn" <Glenn.JilekaFHWA.DOT.GOV>:

> If someone is nervous about the water, couldn't you get one of those
> water bottles with the ceramic filter that is made for hikers?
>
> Glenn

Tania

\"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an
 indomitable will.\" ~Mahatma Gandhi