Children on the Camino

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 6 09:52:50 PDT 2003

--- "Popiel, Jennifer" <popieljaUWGB.EDU> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> One of the recent posts made me think to ask:  What
> kind of experiences have you had with taking
> children on the Camino

I`ve never taken kids on the Camino, but my first time
I ran into a couple of father-son teams, with the sons
about early teens. It seemed in both cases that it was
the fathers who walked the best, and the sons who
dragged behind a bit. Maybe it just doesn`t mean the
same to them. I do know a Spanish guy who takes his
10-year-old son along on his walks on the Road and the
son does just fine. And, in Santiago at the Seminario
Menor I met a spirited 8-year-old Spanish girl who
seemed to relish it all.

I think it depends on how prepared they are for the
physical aspect of the walk.

Ana