Lack of Diversity on the Camino

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 29 08:33:11 PDT 2003

I am the journalist our writer friend was addressing his comments to.  I let him know that yes, there are definite "types" on the camino: the New Agers, the Know-Alls, the Speed-Racers, and the Rackety 5-AM Risers, etc. But the longer I walked, the more the Camino smoothed out our differences -- or my perceptions thereof.  Maybe his experience will be different. But at the end, I found the camino, and the pilgrims, defy satire and codifying and pigeonholing altogether.  And it's kinda hard to make fun of a genuine mystery. It won't hold still enough! Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'