trolling

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Sun Apr 27 20:38:33 PDT 2003

It has been brought to my attention that at least one member thought that
this message from me might have been in reference to a recent message from
E.O.Pederson. That is definitely NOT the case. (Please pardon the shouting,
but the emphasis is necessary.) I had sent the message below just moments
before opening my e-mail and reading the message from E.O.P. At the time, I
thought, "Oh, no - some people are going to think I meant him." I then sent
him a message to assure him that I did not. An offlist message from another
member has prompted me to inform the group of the same thing. It was just
bad timing. I had just recently observed the use of the word troll in
connection with e-mail and had looked it up on the net to check my guess on
its meaning in the cyberworld. When I found the definition on the wikipedia
website, it seemed to be worth sending to the group. I have no comments
either pro or con about Pederson's message nor about Rosina Lila's. They
have both been strong contributors to this group and I have every respect
for both.

regards,

Bob Spenger