Other Potential Trails

Douglass Norvell norvellaNAUVOO.NET
Sun Apr 27 19:38:40 PDT 2003

I am thinking that the concept of the "Camino" will be extended, through
time, to many other areas with a good concept.

I have thought of the following:

1. A walking trip following the war path of the former Cuban
revolutionary heroes.  I say former because they morphed into a group of
souless bureacrats who disrespect human rights.  But their trail could
lead from the Oriente through the Cuban heartland with "Casas
Particularles" or private homes to house visitors every few miles.  It
would be cheap, fun and interesting.  Also, Cuba is probably the safest
tourist destination in the world.
I have been to Cuba on assingments and it is a good place to visit.

2. A walking trip following the path taken by the Pilgrims to the
Catedral of Our Lady of Guadaloupe.  It would begin in Acapulco (gasp),
and follow the old Acapulco-Mexico City road that runs through
Chilpancingo, Taxco and Cuernevaca.  The indigenous pilgrims make the
walk in the first week of December.  Unless the government got behind
the project and provided security, it would not be feasible.

I understand there are already some trekking tours in Peru, up in Inca
country, as well as in Nepal, but I, like many, am not a trekker and I
don't percieve the Camino as a "trek".

Am I on the right track?

doug norvell