Emergency contact while on the "Road"

Katie Holland kholland25aYAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 22 19:49:53 PDT 2003

Hello Leroy and Kathleen-

Here are a couple of options:

1. Some of the guide books and websites list the phone
numbers of the refugios/alburges; which is somewhat
reliable.

2. Buy a cheap cell phone when you get to Spain, which
you can charge with prepaid calls (ie- no contract)
you then have a local spanish number which can receive
calls (free) or make calls using the minutes you
purchased.  if you stop at any major store you can
find phones by movistar (spanish company), Vodaphone,
etc.  the phones start around $40 and go up.

3. If your US cell phone happens to be a TMobile
(formerly voicestream) and it is TRI-BAND you can use
your local US phone number in Spain. can get expensive
quickly.

Hope this helps.  if you think of anything send me an
email.

K8e