Questions to everybody about my backpack

Keyl On the Road the_next_adventureaYAHOO.COM.AR
Sun Apr 20 13:51:00 PDT 2003

Dear everybody:

I need to ask you some questions regarding my backpack:
 I always felt pretty comfortable with my Tundra ( don’t remember how many litters and don’t remember how much it weight, but I am sure it is no more than 2 lbs or 2 ,5) It has a metalic internal frame (lets say, 2 paralel bars from top to bottom and some cushion)

It seems that most of the weight rests on my hips and It is very easy for me to pass my fingers underneath my shoulders as I read someone –sorry don’t remember who- recommended in this forum. The waist is also padded.

But I have been seeing pictures of people walking the camino wich what it seems to be the “right” backpacks and they look if not smaller (ok maybe a little shorter) more “compact (ed)”  and it seems to me that in any case their backpacks fall under the line of their waist. My is not “hanging” from my shoulders, I do feel most of the weight on my hips, but below the belt there are still 2 ½ or 3 inches of backpack, in other words (sorry it is difficult to explain it in English) the belt is positioned about 2 ½ 3 inches over the lower end of the backpack. In that way, the backpack falls and covers the first third of my butt (sorry don’t mean to be rude here, it is just the word that comes to my mind) and I have never thought much about it, but it may have bother me and limited the movement of my legs sometimes. Maybe I am just being too self-conscious?

 I was wondering if this is ok or if it is going to cause too much trouble or pain or something during the trip  specially when going up the Pyrenees  and I wonder  what you may think about it. Should I go for a even smaller (shorter) backpack or would it be ok carrying this one I already know pretty well? Maybe the backpack is ok and it just happens because I am short. I measured my torso as recommended here but without extending the tape-measure perfectly over my back, that means there was a “hole” left between the tensed tape measure and my mid back when I did it and I got 16 inches. The backpack, from the bottom to the top (the shoulders) is 17 inches. Do you think it is ok?      But I am not sure I am considering the right things. Help?

Thank you very much.

Lia

Please, send the responses to

the_next_adventureayahoo.com.ar

¡Navegá y ayudá a un chico! Por cada usuario que se conecte a Internet
con Yahoo! Conexión en abril, Yahoo! donará un plato de comida
para un niño a través de la asociación Por los chicos.