Accomodations in Madrid

Richard Ferguson peregrinoaATT.NET
Tue Apr 15 07:51:39 PDT 2003

Last year, on my way home, I flew into Madrid.  When I got to the airport, I
started calling hotels on my list.  They were all full.  I was a bit concerned,
but I walked over to the tourist office in the airport.  The lady looked
extremely bored, and told me that there were conventions in town, so the
town would be completely full later in the day.  She made one phone call
to a "pension" downtown, the lady said she had rooms, so I took the bus
into town and then a taxi to the pension.  It was a little run down, but the
lady at the pension was nice, and it solved my problem about where to
stay so that I could catch my flight the next day.

If you are flying to Madrid, you will probably arrive early morning.  You
should not have problems getting a room that early in the day, but you may
need to be flexible.   Just go, and visit the tourist office at the airport and
ask them to find you a place to stay.  Worst comes to worst, and you can't
find a place to stay, head for the bus or train station and get out of town,
and spend the night in the next sizable city.  Don't worry, be flexible, ask for
help, and it will all work out.

Richard