More on Motives

Linda McInnis mrfsealahaHOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 12 06:20:54 PDT 2003

Hello, all,

I won't be walking the Camino until 2007, the year I turn 50.  I decided I
needed a "milestone" to mark that year.  I have always looked forward to the
future, to getting older.  I am proud of my age, my gray hairs, and other
marks of life experience.  And, yes, there is a certain amount of "escapism"
involved.  To be alone, completely on my own, with no time constraints for
each day, seems a wonder.  I anticipate I will rise early, as that is my
nature, and I hope to take each day of the Camino as it comes.  I am trying
to do that now, in my currently rather busy life.  No expectations.  How
much you miss when you "expect" something else!

Finally, even as a young child, with my nose buried in books of kings,
queens, and quests, I thought how wonderful to be on a quest of my own, a
long journey whose outcome I could not see.  So, in the end, walking the
Camino will be the fulfillment of a lifelong desire.

Good luck and blessings to everyone on this list.

Linda
Pueblo, CO