Motives

Jane Shoemaker elizjsaSHAW.CA
Thu Apr 10 12:04:00 PDT 2003

Hello -
My date of departure is coming very soon and my thoughts are full of the
Camino.
One question in my mind has been about my motives in going.  Up until now I
have been able to identify a lot of different reasons why I want to walk the
Camino.
But now I am suddenly surprised with the possibility that -- perhaps my real
motive is just ESCAPISM -- it is just too difficult for me to deal with the
"real world"  and I am just wanting to fly over the rainbow to this
marvellous place where all of my problems go away, and life is simple and
beautiful.
The idea that my main goal is simply escapism depresses me a lot.
How about the nature of escapism?
Maybe we sometimes need escapism?
I'd be interested in hearing some other people's points of view about this.
Jane