buying a suitable backpack

Jeffrey Crawley jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Thu Apr 10 01:13:44 PDT 2003

A bit more 'up-market' you can get a varient on the waterproof bags the US
Gov developed for the Navy SEALs teams. Instead of being heavily rubberised
it is a softer fabric but you still roll the top down and use one of those
ubiquitous plastic buckles to close it.

Or you can just use the trash bag . . .

-----Original Message-----
From: Lydia Banales [mailto:lydiaaBANALES.NET]
Sent: 09 April 2003 18:02
To: GOCAMINO
Subject: RE: buying a suitable backpack

As long as you're putting all your stuff in that garbage bag anyway ---
you might consider using that garbage bag to line your pack once you buy
it. I did not have a water proof pack cover. While we didn't experience
a lot of rain, when we did, stuff got wet. I learned that if I lined my
pack with a garbage bag, filled it, then tied it, everything stayed dry.
Buen Camino. Lydia