This is ridiculous.

Mac Quart macsquartaYAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 8 10:58:41 PDT 2003

I read the first email in this string ("Sad event in Galicia") thinking that it would mention the
death of a member of this list or some friend along the Camino.  Why do we have to start strings
like this?  Who does it help?  Does it help us to understand the meanings of the Camino or the
history of the Camino?  Does it help us to support our fellow pilgrims in preparing for the
Camino?  NO!!!  Such a discussion may be proper in the context of an American actually killed for
his or her position on the war, but not just to point out such political opinions of some of those
on the list.  I think that we are all saddened that there has been loss of life and that there is
such fear for our safety, but can't people participate in this group without having to interject
their opinions on such controversial topics just to cause conflict?  I happily go through my day
with my opinions on this war kept to myself, only discussing them with my close friends and
family.  I say, Jeffrey, keep your opinions to yourself.  Thanks for the update, but it wasn't
needed.  Don't use this forum just to point out your political views.  Find another forum for
that.  Don't just go looking for a fight.

Mac Quartarone

=====
You do not further your cause by making martyrs of your enemies.
-Kevin MacHarg

-Edmund Burke