clothing - an additional comment

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Thu Apr 3 08:46:27 PST 2003

This last time I used an over-the-pack poncho from REI, labelled outdoor
products. It is nylon, coated with what I believe to be polyurethane. It is
about a half ounce over one pound, but is quite full cut.  I have an older,
similar poncho, also from REI that weighs 11 1/2 oz, with a matching pair of
chaps that weigh 3 1/2 oz for the pair. This outfit is not labelled.
Incidentally, I found it very useful to wear a web belt buckled around the
front flap of the poncho (and behind my waist). With the two flaps snapped
together, there is very little problem with the poncho being blown out of
place by the wind. I don't know if any of these are still available from the
Seattle Coop or not, but I have found listings for both leggings and humpback
ponchos by doing Web searches.

regards,

Bob Spenger
rspengeraadelphia.net