GOCAMINO Digest - 5 Sep 2002 to 6 Sep 2002 (#2002-232)

cindy guthrie guthriecaLIBCOOP.NET
Mon Sep 9 09:15:35 PDT 2002

Hi,

A few comments on the English form of "James" as requested by Rosina: James is the English form of Jacob, the links between "Jacob" & "James" being the Late Latin "Jacomus",  changed from Early Latin "Jacobus".  Although "James"
was in some use during the Middle Ages in its current form, the real popularity of "James" in English began when James Stuart ascended to the English throne in 1603.

No question too obscure for those of us who work as librarians.

                                        Cindy Guthrie