La Credencial del Peregrino

Paul Newfield pcn01aWEBDSI.COM
Wed Oct 30 09:17:54 PST 2002

I have heard that a letter of introduction from your parish priest will suffice to get you started...  (Any confirmation on this..??)

Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lydia Banales
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 10:19 AM
  Subject: Re: La Credencial del Peregrino

  Now, Bob, you know what he means.
  Philip, you can get your credencial/document/passport at the Pilgrim office in St. Jean Pied de Port, through many associations which I'm sure other list members will provide, and in many of the larger pilgrim cities in Spain. Getting your document is not difficult. Lydia

  Bob Spenger wrote:

    You don't have to do any traveling with the credencial. I learned last month that here is a shop (in Astorga, I believe) where you can buy a credencial complete with a whole set of stamps imprinted and you have all you need. It took over 2500 km of walking on three different pilgrimages before I found out that I could have done it the easy way.
    Bob Spenger
    rspengeraadelphia.net

    "name: Philip J. Judd" wrote:

      How do you request pilgram credentials? Also, How many miles and locations must you travel inorder to get the certificate at the end of the pilgrimage in Compostela. Phil Judd