Via de la Plata

Lia Laura Puglesi keyl_1336aYAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 7 15:36:10 PDT 2002

Hi:

I don't know much a bout El Camino dePlata" but what I can assure you is that April is a great time to walk in Spain, as it is already starting to be warm, but not unbearable, as it can become later. May is also a good time, but it maight be already too hot.

If your friend speaks some Spanish I don't think you will find many difficulties. Of course knowing some basic terms always help, specially when you are dealing with money or in a emergency. I'am sure you'll also find lots of people in the way that may help you to comunicate gladly. Also, if you speak them in French slowly to them, they may understand a good deal, tbecause there are some similarities between both languages.

You always can take some "clases para viajeros" (Spanish for travelers") which are specifically oriented towards developing a basic vocabulary and the main verbs (and tenses) you might need like, to eat, to drink, to buy,  to sleep and so forth.

If it is of any help, you always can ask me. Unfortunately I left all my material to teach Spanish at home, but If you make a list of the words and expressions you want me to explain to you, I can do so and also add the pronunciation.

If you take clases make sure to go for "spanish for travelers" because if you starT a regular intensive course, you want get half the way with the things you really need and wha i think could happen is that you are going to mix it with French.

I thik there is a Langenscheidt book (no a dictionary) that has all the basic expresions and lots ov vocabulary useful for the traveler and it is not very thik or heavy. I am sure they have then at B&N

Lia

Hot links to save wildlife (below in blue) Links para salvar vida silvestre. (en azul)

Join Care2.com's Race for the Rain Forest!     Join Care2.com's Race for the Big Cats!

Join Care2.com and The Breast Cancer Fund's Climb to End Breast Cancer!

Join Care2.com's Race for the Oceans!

faith.yahoo.com