Questions

Daniel De Kay dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Oct 7 12:29:19 PDT 2002

Maureen, you can try contacting the Spanish Friends of the Camino for information.  As for bus service, there is always a bus running and I´d just come and wing it.  It´ll be a good experience for the students.   The Confraternity of Saint James (on the web under the same name) in London has a very good book in English that describes the Way and all the places where there are refuges, how big they are, when the open, all that.  You can order it via the net if you like.  I´ve used it over here and it is excellent.  By the way, make a point if you can of NOT staying in Monte del Gozo which is just a few km outside of Santiago but rather come into Santiago and stay at the Seminario in town.  Much closer to the Cathedral and all that, and it is a nice place.  Del Gozo is an "industrial refugio" in that there are places for something like 400 pilgrims and it is way too impersonal, especially after the experiences you will have on the camino.
Where are you coming from?  How many students?  What ages? (I am a teacher myself, outdoor education with adults, ever heard of NOLS?).  If you have any questions I can help with let me know....
Daniel
Buen Camino!
 Maureen Redmond wrote:1. Something I just read has me worried that refugios might not be open
in the early spring. I am planning a trip with students for late Feb.
to mid-March. Will finding refugios to stay in be a problem?
2. Likewise, what weather can we expect around that time?
And finally,
3. I'm having trouble finding out about bus service between Logroño and
Molinaseca. Any suggestions?

Maureen Redmond