Saw Blessing of Animals

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Mon Oct 7 08:21:44 PDT 2002

Hi Lia,
Episcopalians do have confessions, communion, confirmation etc. The only
difference with the Roman Catholic Church is that Episcopalian priests may
marry and may be women. Although they do not recognize the Pope as the head
of their church, they appear to have respect and admiration for the Pope and
for other things Catholic.  With negligible variations, (they serve offer
wine at communion) the Mass is pretty much the same, as is the Rosary and the
veneration of the saints.  In my view, the hands-down most beautiful churches
in New York City are St. Thomas on Fifth Avenue and Mary Virgin on 46th
Street between sixth and seventh avenues. Both churches are Episcopalian and
have musical vespers daily, organ concerts and a variety of musical and other
events.  Also, both churches organize pilgrimages to Santiago.
Last July, two Episcopalian priests came to my (Roman Catholic) parish to
celebrate St. James' day and spoke at great length about the Santiago
pilgrimage and its effect on pilgrims. I believe that the church on 46th
street has  talks, conferences and video exhibits dealing with the Camino.
Best regards,
Rosina