what I miss most from the Camino

Jim Damico jdamicoaGRAPEVINE.NET
Mon Nov 11 02:02:12 PST 2002

I guess what I miss most from the Camino is the everyday connection to
others like myself.  It seemed on the 'road' that each of us was capable of
great things.  And being in an environment like the Camino fostered hope and
courage because you just knew you weren't alone out in the world.  But here,
back in the hustle bustle of the material world, it's easy to feel alone,
very alone.  Dorothy clicked her heels and said those famous words "there's
no place like home" over and over.  Guess I just have to hold my yellow
arrow pendant and close my eyes and repeat "there's no place like the
Camino" to bring back that hope and courage I felt.  So it's another day on
this 'new' Camino called life.

Jim Damico (in Kansas)
www.WanderingTheWorld.com
hiking, biking & beyond...