booking sncf vs rail europe

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 28 06:37:58 PDT 2002

Dear James Walker,
What a most appropriate name (both parts) for a pilgrim to Santiago. You
were destined to go!!!!!!!
I am not sure if you can or cannot have your ticket mailed to the US, but
SNCF offer a facility whereby you can pick your ticket up at a main station
on the day of departure, on production of the SAME credit card used to book
the ticket on the SNCF site. This is very convenient, and works. Book on
the site, and you will be sent a confirmation e-mail giving the route, time
and cost along with a booking reference number. I know this works, as I
have used the system many times.
Regarding price differences, I don't know why Rail Europe is different as I
have never used them. I have always got the best deals directly from SNCF.
Happy walking Walker,
Joe + Eileen