Paris to St. Jean

Michael P. Barham mpb5aDUKE.EDU
Sun May 26 21:50:59 PDT 2002

I went to a travel shop and purchased a rail ticket to St. Jean Pied de
Port - I think I only changed trains once, twice max.  The TGV wasn't
going there.

Bus is an option, but I am not familiar with that.

I took the train, I believe to Bayonne, and then a small two-car train
to St. Jean - it leaves a couple or few times a day.  I took the night
train to Bayonne and 6:00am (or something ungodly like that) to St.
Jean, and could have started walking that day, but would have been dead
tired.   I suggest a day of rest and mental preparation before starting
out on foot, unless you are taking the lower of the two paths that
leave from St. Jean.

  You can always walk there :)