Introduction and Question

Linda Stearns linda.stearnsaUCR.EDU
Thu May 16 19:17:19 PDT 2002

Hello!

My name is Linda Stearns and I will be walking the camino this August for
the first time in celebration of my 60th birthday. My question/concern is
lodging.  I will be travelling alone and intiallly hoped to stay in the
refugios.  But I wonder whether this is a realistic expectation given the
increasing popularity of the camino, particularly during the summer
months.  Did anyone travel last August, or know someone who did?  Did you
or they have trouble getting into the refugios?  If so, what was the backup
plan?  And how problematic and expensive is it to find alternative lodging?

I appreciate any help you can offer.  I just join the listserv and already
have learned so much from reading past messages.  Thanks in advance.