New Member

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Mon May 13 21:06:30 PDT 2002

Tess Ocol wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I am also a new member to this listserv as I am planning a trip with 2
> friends in August.  I was interested by your emali especialyl since
> you seem to have a wealth of information from your past expereince.
>
> Where is a good place ofr me to start looking for info? Do you know of
> any books I can buy (I live in Canada) that would have preparation and
> planning info?
>
> How do I join the American Friends of The Road to Santiago?
>
> We plan on walking for 3 or 4 weeks. With that time frame, where is a
> good place to start the walk?
>
> Thanks alot
>
> Tess Ocol, Toronto

Tess,

First, the archives of this group are a terrific resource, although they
can be time consuming:

http://pete.uri.edu/archives/gocamino.html

The same people that established the Gocamino list serv have a website
for the American Friends at:

http://www.geocities.com/friends_usa_santiago/

Another excellent resource, written by two of the same people, is
essentially an encyclopedia of information on the Francés and Aragonese
routes:

Diglitz and Davidson, "The pilgrimage Road to Santiago, The Complete
Handbook."
ISBN 0-312-25416-4.

Another similar e-mail group, Santiagobis, is a Yahoo group. It, too ,
had an extensive set of archives which have quite a bit of useful
material - again, it can be time consuming: (In that group, it is
necessary to join to be able to access the archives.)