Word from Felipe on the Ruta de Plata

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Thu May 9 10:24:58 PDT 2002

Greetings all,

I wrote to Felipe the other day who is presently walking the Ruta de Plata.
He asked me to share his response with the list.

Am presently in Zafra on a day rest due to rain all day
yesterday and the accompanying cold.  Boots are soaked and were all
that much more heavy with mud.  But I am having a great time!  The
more the challenge the more satisfying the response.  This route is
rustic and relatively untravelled.  Have seen only four others and
that was at least two days ago.  Each day brings a new adventure and
I am keeping notes but cannot write due to long hours and the like.
Plata, by the way, is like Frances in 1980.  Bring water capacity
and a way to access money as few facilities and no
discounts...Thanks.  Stay well.  Write again if you desire but these
centers are sparse.. .....Felipe

Best Regards,

Diane