Camiuno Crucifix

Teruel, Dr. Jose Romero (WDC) terueljraPAHO.ORG
Thu May 9 09:00:42 PDT 2002

Dear Rosina
Please, send me a copy of the beautiful crucifix:

        Jose Teruel
        11605 Greenlane Drive
        Rockville - MD - 20854
Thanks and God bless you
Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosina Lila [mailto:BlaroliaAOL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 10:47 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Camiuno Crucifix

Hello you all,
Because of the messages that I have received from so many of you, I had a
bunch of copies made of the pictures that I took of the Camino Crucifix with
the right arm downward. One of you wrote that even through the e-mail medium
the Crucifix appears  exquisite. And I think it is ...... It is a beautiful
and haunting expression of  love.
If you'd like me to mail you copies of the pictures just send me your
address
directly.
Caveat:  The pictures were taken with one of those toy Elph-2 cameras
(smaller than a pack f cigarettes) and, consequently, they are not terribly
good.  But it appears that they are good enough.
When walking the Camino I do not keep a diary, nor take notes, since I do it
strictly for myself.  Therefore I do not have either the name of the town or
of the church.  The town is after O Cebreiro, right on the main street of
one
of those little villages on the way to Santiago.  The church is a very small
and unassuming of, I think, Romanesque style. Inside it there is a balcony
with a centuries-old wooden organ, of the type that used to be cranked up by
hand and that had poles that you pushed in or out to modify the tone.  I
have
only seen one other  such organ in a town In Minas Gerais in Brasil; but
that
had been imported from Germany, whereas the one in the Camino had been
locally made.
The church had, last year, an extremely amiable and knowleadgeble young
priest from France  who, he said, had volunteered as caretaker for the
Summer.
If, perchance, one of you made a note of the name of the town and of the
church I'd appreciate your telling me.
Warm regards,
Rosina