Global Gazetteer URL

Felipe Sanchez felipsanaOLYPEN.COM
Sat Mar 30 21:25:09 PST 2002

Good Evening Robert!

Thank you for the friendly note anent the site I forwarded.  I cannot accept
credit for that bit of info as a friend of mine who lives in this same small
Western Washington town sent it to me.  He started with computers in 1958 so
I depend upon him for all sorts of things.  I haven't worn a watch for 30
years but upon seeing and hearing his I opted to wear rather than carry a
small alarm. So he is guiding me through the brambled paths of chronometers
much as he directs me from time to time through cyberspace.  Forty years in
aviation, ending with a computerized jet carrying me to Latin America and I
still am intimidated by having to program a watch.  Hm....Humbling.

As I monitor the comments on our "virtual albergue" it more and more appears
to be a living laboratory for psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
Fascinating but I find it difficult to remain silent.  But I am coping.
Thank you again.  I'll be de-listing or going to web-only (whatever that
means) as my departure date draws near.  I am amazed how much time one can
spend with this newsgroup.  Good writing practice, though...Take care.  Be
well.  And as one woman counseled me: "Abide."  Great idea considering the
alternative....Felipe.