Cell phones vs prayer

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 28 02:46:24 PST 2002

Whoa, this is a funny topic.
Is it not strange to have to justify remaining in contact with one's
friends and family?.
We are the parents of teenage boys, and will be spending three weeks on the
Camino again this summer. We have arrangements made for the welfare and
entertainment of our boys in a safe and loving environment so we are not in
the slighest bit 'worried' about their safety. Au contraire, we and our
children will all enjoy being able to do our 'own thing' for a portion of
the summer.
HOWEVER - we are again taking our cell phone so that we can remain in
contact with the boys, and they know that we are always at the end of a
phone. We enjoy talking to our kids, and it is good to be able to
spontaneously call them, say hello and tell them what we are up to. Days
can go by without doing that, but when you want to talk you need to talk
there and then. Thjank God for technology that allows us to do that.
That's my tuppence worth
Buon camino
Joe