New listmember peregrina on northern routes

Adrienne Patton casamagdalenaYAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 27 15:56:54 PST 2002

Pieter and Trigo - Thank you for your reply, and the
other article you sent!  I have actually already been
in contact with Eric Walker
(http://www.gawthorpe40.freeserve.co.uk/) - he is a
wonderful source of information about the northern
routes, very friendly and responsive to email
questions. (And thank you, John Watson, for your kind
words as well!)

I am nervous and excited about my upcoming walk.  I
expected to be walking alone in late fall on the
Camino Frances, and that was largely not the case - it
was so different from all my expectations.  But this
time around, Mr. Walker says it is unlikely I will run
into other pilgrims at all on the Ruta de la Costa,
especially in the beginning - I may actually have the
solitary experience I was expecting last time.

And I only met 2 other people from the United States
last time - one from Oregon and the other from Puerto
Rico.  I was surprised how few North American
pereginos there are - though there were quite a few
French Canadians.

*Adrienne