Worry on the Camino

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 26 02:51:59 PST 2002

> your observation that Americans seem to worry more
> than pilgrims from other
> places is understandable considering that there is
> an ocean between them and
> Spain and that there is the ever present threat of a
> 9/11 on their mind.

There is a lot more ocean between Spain and Australia,
New Zealand, Japan and South Africa and I met pilgrims
from all those places. This incessant worrying, not
just about home but about the Camino itself, seemed
limited mainly to the Americans I met and those I
communicated with. My first Camino was in summer 2000,
long before 9/11.

I would like to add again, however, that any concerns
about young kids and ailing parents (and 9/11) are
perfectly understandable and are exceptions to my
general observations.

Buen Camino!
Ana