Medical

Felipe Sanchez felipsanaOLYPEN.COM
Mon Mar 25 08:01:29 PST 2002

Leonie wrote "I was told by my supplemental insurer that while Medicare does
not pay for claims outside the country, they would pay 80% of the bill. I
would however have to pay while abroad and then upon my return turn in my
bills."

I checked the following URL and found the capitalized statement.  There are
several pages of data and some links one might review before departure.  The
second URL dealing with travel warnings might be overstated but nonetheless
it might attract the curious pilgrim.  Sanchez
http://travel.state.gov/medical.html

THE SOCIAL SECURITY MEDICARE PROGRAM DOES NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR HOSPITAL
OR MEDICAL COSTS OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.

http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html